Many things are out of our control in life. That much is true. Meditation, to me, just seems contradictory however. By letting go of the one thing we do have control over, we can control our state of mind? Sounds more like drug use. Pessimism aside, personally I don't find meditation too relaxing. The only time I am ever still is during sleep, and even then I have been told I am a rather restless sleeper. As for the Buddhist belief of releasing negative emotions from oneself; although heavily clichéd, these are just part of life and are to be taken with the good. Sure it would be nice to not have to deal with all that jazz, but monotony gets old pretty quickly. We all have our baggage, but we don't just leave our bag at the baggage collection point at an airport. We take it with us, carry it to our room and unpack.
No comments:
Post a Comment